Director, Architectural Project Management
Director, Architectural Project Management
Brand: Estée Lauder Companies
Direct the end to end process for Facilities Management capital projects, from pre-lease design activities, design phase, construction, and post-move project closeout. Ongoing collaboration with various ELC Stakeholders (clients), ELC corporate department partners, landlords and/or property management teams, external consultants and suppliers throughout the project timeline.
- Interface with ELC business leaders to translate business requirements, define project scope, program development and space requirements to determine real estate needs
- Pre-lease site selection and building technical analysis including review of applicable local codes, building infrastructure, life safety, building quality and services, etc.
- Create schematic blocking, planning diagrams and “Test Fit” floor layouts
- Develop pre-design overall project budget cost estimates and spend projections for submittal of Acquisition Requests to Finance
- Establish overall project timeline projections
- Prequalify and select design team including architects, engineers, project managers and construction companies. Work with ELC Indirect Procurement during RFP and contract management process.
- Prepare and/or review the development of design and construction contract documents with design team
- FF&E review and coordination with ELC Purchasing and external suppliers
- Technical review and coordination with ELC IT, AV, Global Security, Corporate Sustainability, etc.
- Interface with landlords or building management agencies regarding construction activities
- Coordinate with ELC Building Services team on employee move activities.
- Review and approve project related invoicing.
- Track project spending and delivery schedule. Reconcile and report project finance.
- Follow up to project completion including Building Department inspections and approvals, finance closeout, Tenant Improvement Allowance applications etc.
- Support Executive Director, Facilities Management
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or (MEP) Engineering
- Experience: 10 years professional experience in project management with focus on commercial architectural interiors projects
- Experience with LEED, WELL and/or other environmental sustainability initiatives.
- Must be proficient in Revit 2017, AutoCAD 2016, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office Suite & Projects
- Must have strong organizational skills and focus, and ability to work and manage multiple projects.
- Must have good interpersonal communications skills, and experience in dealing directly with senior level or executive positions.
- Must have good design and planning sensibilities, production and technical skills.
- Must have strong interest in commercial interiors and construction.
- Able to function in a corporate environment with a strong work ethic.
Primary Location: Americas-US-NY-New York
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 1923959
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com