Director, Sustainability Engineer
Director, Sustainability Engineer
Brand: Estée Lauder Companies
Location- Bristol,PA or Melville, NY
Responsible for: Innovating, optimizing, and executing safe, sustainable design in the development and deployment of products, processes, technologies, infrastructure and facilities, minimizing negative impacts on the environment while optimizing the health, wellbeing, and safety of ELC employees.
- Lead safety and sustainability related innovation activity. Working with stakeholder functions, identify and deploy new to the world and off the shelf technologies and processes which deliver ELC objectives.
- Leverage holistic principles of industrial ecology, resource efficiency, eco-design, total lifecycle management, risk management and sustainable consumption and production to evolve effective sustainability solutions balancing the interactions between technical, ecological, social and economic systems
- Develop and leverage safety and sustainability assessment methods and tools such as material flow analysis, environmental footprint / input-output analysis, and ergonomic assessments to develop, prioritize, and deploy optimization strategies and projects.
- Develop processes and procedures ensuring safety and environmental sustainability standards are established and are incorporated in the design and execution of new construction/renovation, new technology, equipment & operations initiatives (eg., machine guarding, electrical, water, wastewater, energy, waste, ergonomics, maintenance and reliability, etc.).
- Work with EAS and engineering staff to develop standards and tools that are deployed across the supply chain, including tools for capturing safety and environmental sustainability impact as part of the capital process. Partner with additional stakeholders such as Operations, QA, Brands and Supply Chain Transformation to ensure a broad view of solutions.
- Work with commercialization team to ensure that safety and environmental sustainability are imbedded from product concept to execution in our manufacturing sites and TPM’s.
- Act as conduit between engineering organization and EAS department. Subject matter expert to engineering organization on topics related to safety and environmental sustainability; subject matter expert to EAS staff on topics related to engineering.
- Ensure stakeholders are informed about safety and sustainability technical matters, best practices and lessons learned
Specs & Exp - Extensive knowledge of health, safety & environmental sustainability engineering (both processes and practices), ISO standards, environmental regulations and principles, Understanding of FDA validation requirements, experience as Manufacturing Process Engineer in FMCG manufacturing plant, Lean manufacturing, Exceptional leadership and influence skills, Great collaborator
KPIs – EHS targets achieved, sustainability targets achieved (Waste conversion - reduce/Reuse/Recycle), Process efficiency / COGs improvement, Speed to Realization
Preferred Degree: Mechanical / Chemical Eng.
-Minimum 8 years experience
-20-40% travel time
Job: Manufacturing - Supply Chain
Primary Location: Americas-US-NY-Melville
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Number: 1916285
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com